Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sametime 1:04

I was also in Michael Lease's class last semester. I remember when I first saw his website I was enthralled by what I saw. I loved the ideas behind his project. And I thought a lot of the pictures were meaningful, with or without the use of the caption. Overall, I thought it was a really cool idea and a really interesting way to showcase everything that happens to someone in the course of a year. I think it's really neat that students in our class are trying to do the same thing. I think setting these kinds of goals for yourself as a photographer is a good way to grow because it's not always easy and a project of this nature is hard because you have to remember it every single day and find something to photograph that will capture the moment you're in. I'm not sure if I get the same feeling from Sametime 1:04 that I got from Michael Lease's version. When I look at Sametime 1:04, I feel like not as much effort was made to capture the feeling or the emotion of the moment. I feel like the photographer had their camera and just snapped a picture at the same time everyday. This isn't true for all of the photo's but I noticed it's true for some. I think if the photographers pushed it a little harder then I would get that same feeling from their work as I get from Michael's. In the end, I think they'll learn a lot that will help them as photographers in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for checking our blog. We hope that you enjoyed viewing our photos and captions and hope you check it our again soon. We appreciate your response.

    ReplyDelete